- This event has passed.
SummerFest: A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
July 18, 2012 - July 22, 2012
*See below for Summerfest Rain Policy
Kentucky Conservatory Theatre’s SummerFest: A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
Directed by Joe Ferrell
July 18 – 22, 2012
“They told me to take a streetcar named Desire, transfer to one called Cemeteries and ride six blocks and get off at — Elysian Fields!” Blanche DuBois, fleeing the wreck of her ‘beautiful dream’ of genteel Southern life at Belle Reve, the ancestral family mansion, desperately seeks sanctuary with her married sister Stella in New Orleans. But once there, Blanche is horrified at Stella’s new, happy life with her husband, a handsome working-class Polish brute named Stanley Kowalski, and wonders if she has somehow landed in ‘the jungle.’ Blanche’s fanciful expectations of sympathy from Stella and of redemption through marriage to her gentleman caller’ Mitch, a poker pal of Stanley’s, run afoul of cruel truth, as the relentless power of human desire, past and present, propels Blanche towards her final rendezvous with destiny.
SUMMERFEST AT THE ARBORETUM: RAIN AND INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY (from their website)
“The safety and wellbeing of our actors, technicians and staff along with the safety and comfort of our patrons is our first priority in making any decisions in relation to the weather.
• SummerFest will not cancel any production prior to 9pm. We reserve the right to hold the beginning of the show up to 30 minutes. If a performance is given after a delayed start, unused tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• If patrons leave the theatre of their own volition, no rain check will be given.
• If it begins to rain during the show, we will continue until it is no longer safe for our actors to be onstage, and may hold up to 15 minutes to monitor the weather.
• If a performance is officially cancelled, an announcement to that effect will be made. In the event that we are unable to continue the show prior to intermission, rain checks will be given out to all patrons. If we are unable to continue the show after intermission, rain checks will not be issued.
• Rain checks can be used for general admission or redeemed for the same ticket type (ex. Reserved Chair/Blanket) if available for any subsequent performance of the SummerFest season. Rain checks have no monetary value. KCT cannot guarantee the availability of Reserved Chair/Blanket seating when using a Rain Check.