- This event has passed.
Southland Street Fair, Southland Drive
May 9, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The first annual Southland Street Fair will be on May 9th, 2015, from 3 – 8 pm.
“We will be closing off a section of Southland Drive from Southport Drive to Southview Drive and the event will use the parking lot and street for the event activities (see map page.)
Festivities, local food and retail vendors, biking demonstrations, and live bluegrass music will be available in a blocked off section of Southland Drive and the adjacent parking lots. In conjunction with the festivities, we will have an official ribbon cutting to celebrate the grand opening of the Southland bike lanes, an infrastructure amenity that will continue to enhance the economic development for Lexington’s oldest retail corridor. Afterwards, community members will lead a ceremonial family bike ride on the new bike lanes.
More Event Details
- Southland Jamboree summer concert series 10th Anniversary of kicks off at our street fair with 2 bluegrass music acts
- March Madness Band will be there to play as well!
Hosted during National Bike Month we’ll have …
- Southland Drive Bike Lanes Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting
with Mayor, Community members, biking community members
- Bike Rides Organized & Conducted by the Bluegrass Cycling Club:
- pre-event ride ending at the Southland Street Fair
- 1 mile family bike route during the event
- Safe biking demonstrations for all
- Bike Rodeo for the kids
More community & family fun!
- Food trucks, Food Vendors and local brewery on site
- Mini-golf by Habitat ReStore
- Inflatables by Lighter than Air
Schedule (subject to change):
- 3:00 Street Fair Opens, Radio Station Plays Music and broadcast live
- 4:00 Welcome Remarks
- Intro Bluegrass Cycle Club (Bill Cole)
- LFUCG Planning Division ( Derek Paulsen, Keith Lovan)
- Mayor Jim Gray & Council members (Peggy Henson, Jake Gibbs,
- Amanda Bledsoe, Susan Lamb), Past Council member (Harry Clarke)
- Southland Association – Present check to the city for the Bike Lanes
- Ribbon Cutting on Stage
- 4:30 Family Bike Event Begins (1 mile family route through neighborhood and a circle on Southland Drive organized by Bluegrass Cycle Club)
- 4:00-4:30 First Bluegrass Band Sets up
- 4:30-6:00 First Band Plays
- 6:00-6:30 Second Bluegrass Band Set-up
- Remarks by Sponsors
- Remarks by Southland Association
- Recognize the Committee
- Marching Band Sponsor introduces MMB, Plays on opposite lot
- 6:30-8:00 Second Band Plays
- 7:30 Ending Remarks
- 8:00 Event ends”