- This event has passed.
Horse Capital Marathon and Half-Marathon
May 21, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Horse Capital Marathon and Half-Marathon starts at the Fasig-Tipton on Newtown Pike at 7 am on Saturday, May 21.
“This race will be staged in Lexington, Kentucky, commonly referred to as the Horse Capital of the World. A portion of proceeds benefit Bluegrass Farms Charities.
The marathon will be a quasi-double loop course on rolling, scenic country roads, passing some 40-plus horse farms. In fact, runners are never out of view of a horse farm for the duration of the race. There will be a pace limit of 14 minutes, 30 seconds per mile (6 hour, 15 minute total time), and will be an officially certified course. Times will be submitted to the Boston Athletic Association for Boston Marathon qualifier status.
• Event is chip-on-bib timed with live streaming results and personalized e-mail with finish time information
• Registrants will receive technical race shirts and finishers’ medals – last year’s medal pictured
• Horse-country inspired Kentucky crafted awards for overall male & female winners and age group awards
• 15 hydration stations serving water and SWORD Hydration – stations located at mile marker 2, 3.6, 5.1, 6.5, 8.1, 10.1, 12.4, 14, 15.5, 16.9, 18.3, 19.6, 21.1, 23.2, 25
• Photo package will be available with photo downloads of all images
Pace groups provided by Beast Pacing for 3:20, 3:40, 3:55, 4:10, 4:25, 4:40, 4:55, 5:30, 6:00 finish times”