- This event has passed.
Health: I Know Expo, Lexington Convention Center
April 3, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The i know expo is at the Lexington Convention Center’s Bluegrass Ballroom on Sunday, April 3 at noon.
“The i know expo® is a FREE event for people of all ages and life stages: living out their golden years; taking care of someone they love; coping with difficult health situations or simply smart enough to know it’s never too early to start planning for the future. The i know expo will empower you with information about the services, resources and support available to make the rest of life the best of life.
Scores of experts who know about aging well and coping with disabilities will be on hand to share what they know. Chat with them one-on-one or attend informative presentations on everything from housing, healthcare and insurance, to legal and financial planning, to living well and staying active and learn what is available and accessible to you here in the community we live in.
You can walk around, pick up material and chat with experts at individual booths, sit in on informative talks about subjects of interest, enjoy art, music and entertainment. It’s going to be a lively, upbeat, engaging event that can make a real difference in your life or the life of someone you love.
• Know how to find services in your community to help care for a loved one.
• Know how to plan for future physical, emotional and financial well-being.
• Know how to choose the best option for housing.
• Know how to stay mobile, sharp and engaged.
• Know how to take care of yourself if you are a caregiver.
• Know how to live as independently as possible for as long as possible.
And much more.”