Take Out the Trash
This event — originally scheduled for January 8 — was postponed due to bad weather. Drop off a level pickup load of bagged household waste and up to four tires off the rim. Future dates are April 9, July 9, October 8.
The City of Lexington offers Fayette County residents a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste. The event will be 6 am to 1 pm, February 5, at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of household waste. Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
• Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
• All loads must be fit in a standard truck bed
• All loads must be covered by a tarp
• Only household waste will be accepted
• No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim
• No tire rims will be accepted
• No commercial vehicles allowed
• No hazardous materials, free-flowing liquids or yard waste material will be accepted
Happy Presidents’ Day
Neighbors are reminded that all LFUCG offices are closed in observance of Presidents’ Day on Monday February 21 2022.
There is no trash pickup on President’s Day.
This article also appears on page 20-21 of the February 2022 print edition of Ace.
Subscribe to the Ace e-dition for Lexington news, arts, culture, food, and entertainment news delivered to your inbox.
Call today to advertise in Ace, 859.225.4889