What to do for Halloween in Lexington:
Ace’s 2020 Halloween Calendar
Halloween is still happening this year and it’s never too early to start celebrating. Among event cancellations and changes to trick-or-treating, there are still ways to celebrate the spooky season.
Below is a sampling of what to do for Halloween 2020 in the Lexington, Ky area.
Disclaimer: This is an ongoing, developing list and will be updated frequently. Information and events are subject to change. For more details, contact specific businesses.
TRICK OR TREAT
Trick-or-treating in Lexington will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 6-8 pm. As in the past, there will be more police patrols on the evening of Halloween. Learn more about this year’s trick-or-treating safety protocols.
Fayette Mall has made the decision not to host their trick-or-treating event in 2020.
“Thriller” Zombie Dance Lessons take place from October 5 through October 24.
- Mondays and Thursdays, from 6 – 7 pm at Moondance Amphitheater
- Saturdays, from 2 – 3 pm at Artworks, 522 Patterson St.
All of these lessons will take place outside and will allow for social distancing while dancing. There are no plans for a Thriller parade this year, but the city of Lexington is working on other performance options for those who learn the dance and also want to perform it this year.
Drive-in movie! Freaky Friday Flicks is screening Hocus Pocus on Friday, October 9. Gates open at 6:30 pm, show begins at 7:30 pm. Registration is free, but required. You only need one ticket per vehicle. Masks will be required while using the restrooms.
Halloween Printmaking Workshop (ages 8 & up) takes place at Artworks, 522 Patterson Street on Friday, October 16 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm and Saturday, October 17 from 2 – 5 pm. Events are free, but registration is required to ensure limited capacities and socially distanced audiences.
Hamburg Pavilion and Cars & Coffee will host a free and family-friendly Trunk-or-Treat event on Wednesday, October 21 from 6 pm to 8 pm in Regal Cinemas’ parking lot.
Transylvania University’s PumpkinMania is going virtual in 2020 instead of happening in person. Download the files to decorate from the PumpkinMania website, and email a copy of the final artwork to [email protected] by Wednesday, October 21 to enter the contest. Winners will be announced Sunday, October 25 and featured on the Transylvania Alumni social media accounts Oct. 26-30.
Wicked Wonders Variety Show at Moondance Amphitheater on Friday, October 23 through Sunday, October 25. Gates open at 5:30 pm, show at 7 pm. Reservation required in advance.
The first-ever Spooky Soiree is an evening online event of entertainment and fun, in the spirit of the Halloween season on Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24. There will be a mixture of live and recorded readings, performances, and storytelling, music to go haunting by…as well as a scavenger hunt leading up to the soiree, and a costume contest each night. Presented by Studio Players and CFZ Productions.
- If you want to carve your own pumpkin for the trail, pumpkins need to be carved and dropped off by Monday, October 26 or Tuesday, October 27 to ensure freshness throughout the event.
The Lexington Peddlers Mall’s Trunk -or- Treat event is on Friday, October 30 from 5-7 pm in their parking lot on “Side A.” The event will be outside, socially distant with safe treats and giveaways.
Costumed kids eat for free on Halloween at Sedona Taphouse on Saturday, October 31. Promotion includes items from the Kids Menu only; one meal per child. Cannot be combined with other rewards or offers; dine-in only.
The City of Lexington and Artworks at the Carver School will celebrate Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, at Moondance Amphitheater on Sunday, November 1 with festivities and a matinee performance at 2 pm followed by another at 6 pm.
- Crank & Boom Ice Cream offers a 6-pack of Monster Cake Pops, which are the classic OREO Cake Pops made into a variety of fun monster friends. Pre-order now for pick up on October 30 from the Clays Mill location. Pre-Orders for the 6-packs taken through Sunday, October 25.
- Donut Days has Halloween iced cookies.
- The Fresh Market offers a ready-to-eat Halloween Party Spread for eight, complete with tasty sliders, chips, dips, veggies and autumn inspired cookies. Available for online ordering through Tuesday, October 27 at 2 pm. Pick up in stores Wednesday, October 28 – Saturday, October 31.
- The Futile Bakery has fall themed cookies, cinnamon rolls, and pumpkin blondies.
- This Halloween all day long, stop in your local Insomnia Cookies bakery for BOGO ‘Wiches (bring a buddy) and 1 FREE Classic Cookie in-costume (no purchase necessary, limit one per person).
- The return of the decorated Halloween sugar cookies at Martine’s Pastries! Email, call, or visit the store to place an order.
- Mondelli’s Bakeshop offers cats, pumpkin and ghost petit fours along with a variety of Halloween themed cookies and cakes.
- Old Kentucky Chocolates has Halloween themed chocolate bars and chocolate covered oreo pops, among many more classic fall treats like caramel popcorn and candy apples.
Subscribe to the Ace e-dition for Lexington news, arts, culture, food, and entertainment news delivered to your inbox.
Call today to advertise in Ace, 859.225.4889