What time is the UK game? Where can I park? Is the first home game sold out? Are there new rules? How can I avoid the traffic?
At 7:30 pm this Saturday, UK will play in their first home game of the season against Southern Mississippi.
- Keep your parking permit visible so attendants can point you in the right direction and help traffic flow smoothly.
- Lots are reserved, spaces are not. One space equals one vehicle.
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lots are reserved up to one hour before kickoff.
- Lots are reserved up to one hour before kickoff.
- During the one-hour period prior to kickoff, lots will be filled according to availability. If your designated lot is full upon arrival, you will be directed to the next available lot.
- First-come, first-serve visitor parking is available on Cooper Drive as well as parking structures #2,#3, and #6.
- Tailgate setups and vehicle parking may not begin before noon on the Friday leading up to game day. All parking lots open at 8 am on game day.
- Tailgating is not permitted in UK parking structures.
- Tow-behind trailers are not allowed to be parked on paved lots unless the tow-behind also has an individual parking permit. Any tow-behind without a permit will be directed to the nearest open grass lot.
Getting to and from the stadium
- LexTran will operate the UK Football Express Campus and Downtown shuttle routes for this season.
- The Campus route costs $2 per person, one-way and services Parking Structures #2, #3 and #6 and the Visitor RV lot.
- The Downtown route costs $5 roundtrip and services three locations: the Shops at Civic Center, the Lexington Transit Center and Chatham’s at Woodland/High/Maxwell.
- UK Athletics has worked with Lyft and Uber to establish a ride-sharing pickup and drop-off point on football game days. The loading and unloading zone is located on Sports Center Drive near the Woodland Glen dorms.
- Listen to 1700 AM for general information on game day parking and shuttles.
Once you’re there
- Gates 4, 9, and 12 will open two hours before kickoff. All other public gates open an hour and a half before kickoff.
- Four Guest Services locations will open five hours before kickoff, by Gates 1, 4, 9, and 12.
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches
- For help with any questions, concerns, or problems fans can download the GuestAssist app on their phone or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location.
- ATMS are located next to the public elevator doors on the lower concourse inside Gates 1 & 9 and on the upper concourse near section 206.
- The use of golf carts or motorized scooters/coolers anywhere on the grounds of Commonwealth Stadium is prohibited for the safety of pedestrians. Individuals with disabilities may use a scooter.
- The Cat Walk begins 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff and is located outside Commonwealth Stadium Gate #1 and proceeds between the CWS and the Nutter Field House to Gate #12.
- Ticket Sales on game day will begin at 10 am, regardless of kickoff time at the Commonwealth Stadium Ticket Office located between gates 9 & 10.
- Single game tickets for the first home game are $50.
- Re-entry to Commonwealth Stadium on the same ticket is not permitted.
New for this season
- Pregame concerts will continue for select home games this year, but the stage has moved to a new location outside Gate 12.
- Concessions have improved with new offerings including Bourbon Ice Cream, Hot Brown Nachos, Chicken & Waffle Cone, Twisted Tator, and much more.
- For each game, two food trucks will be located outside Gate 11 near the newly constructed stage that will host pregame concerts. Food and drink items from the food trucks cannot be brought into Commonwealth Stadium.
- Bradford BBQ and Mad Mike’s will be the two trucks at this Saturday’s game
- The entire lower level now features either chair-back or bench-back seats, with the exception of the student section in the East end zone.
- Fans will have access to luxury tailgating suites known as the 1865 Club. The 300 square foot space features a kitchen, half-bath and four televisions, and can hold up to 30 guests. Available for single-game and full-season rental.
- Rentals for the game against Southern Mississippi will cost $8,000. Game tickets not included.
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article72516577.html#storylink=cpy
- The University of Kentucky has partnered with Waze to assist drivers not attending the game in navigating away from the traffic surrounding Commonwealth Stadium.
Subscribe to the Ace e-dition for Lexington news, arts, culture, and entertainment, delivered to your inbox every Thursday morning.