What time is the UK game? Where can I park? Is the first home game sold out? Is Commonwealth Stadium actually going to be finished in time for the first home game? How can I get through those new roundabouts on Alumni Drive?
UK vs Louisiana-Lafayette will unveil the new and improved post- ($120M+) renovation Commonwealth Stadium, with 27 new luxury suites. With a forecast in the 90s, expect some heat exhaustion. Pace yourself.
Getting to and from the stadium
- If you are intimidated by the two new roundabouts situated on Alumni Drive between Tates Creek and Nicholasville Road — don’t be. Police officers will be stationed at each roundabout directing traffic in the right the direction.
- Keep your parking permit visible so attendants can point you in the right direction and help traffic flow smoothly.
- There are two new permits for 2015 — Silver and Arboretum. Silver is located off Farm Road, accessible by University Drive while Arboretum is off Alumni Drive, accessible by Tates Creek Road.
- First-come, first-serve parking is available on Cooper Drive as well as parking structures #2,#3, and #6.
- LexTran will not operate the UK Football Express Campus & Downtown shuttles this season, but all regular LexTran routes will operate on game day.
- Miller Transportation will operate downtown and campus shuttle routes independently of UK athletics. The costs are $5 for campus round-trips and $15 for downtown round-trips.
- Many season ticket holders have had their parking changed. Consult your ticket book and the traffic diagram to find the best route to the stadium.
- Listen to 1700 AM for Game Day traffic updates.
Once you’re there
- Gates 4, 9, and 12 will open two hours before kickoff. All other public gates open an hour and a half before kickoff.
- Four Guest Services locations will open five hours before kickoff, by Gates 1, 4, 9, and 12.
- With temperatures forecast to be in the 90s, fans are encouraged to stay hydrated and may obtain a complimentary 10-ounce cup of water from concession stands.
- For help with any questions, concerns, or problems fans can download the GuestAssist app on their phone or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location.
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- Fans are encouraged to recycle and if you are parking in any of the colored reserved parking lots you will be given a recycling bag for cans, aluminum, and glass bottles.
- Tow-behind trailers are not allowed to be parked on paved lots unless the tow-behind also has an individual parking permit. Any tow-behind without a permit will be directed to the nearest open grass lot.
- The use of golf carts or motorized scooters/coolers anywhere on the grounds of Commonwealth Stadium is prohibited for the safety of pedestrians. Individuals with disabilities may use a scooter.
- A free concert by Sundy Best and Matthew Mitchell and the Go Big Blue Band starts at 3 p.m. in the parking lot near Gate 1 before the Cat Walk.
Subscribe to the Ace e-dition for Lexington news, arts, culture, and entertainment, delivered to your inbox every Thursday morning.