- This event has passed.
Theatre: Celebrity Curtain Call: ‘Oz’, LCT
April 11, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The 7th Annual Celebrity Curtain Call at the Lexington Children’s Theatre is on Saturday, April 11 at 7 pm.
“Follow the yellow brick road on Saturday, April 11th to Lexington Children’s Theatre’s 7th Annual Celebrity Curtain Call as we explore the wonderful world of Oz. Come join local business leaders, civic advocates, and celebrities as they bring L. Frank Baum’s classic to life on the LCT Main Stage!
Lexington Children’s Theatre (LCT) is a fully professional, non-profit organization dedicated to the intellectual and cultural enrichment of young people. As the State Children’s Theatre of Kentucky, we are in the midst of our 76th Anniversary Season of serving children and families throughout the Commonwealth. Annually, LCT serves over 130,000 children throughout the Commonwealth through our Main Stage performances, Education Department, touring productions, and satellite theatre based in Rowan and Elliott Counties.
LCT is entering its 7th year of producing this unique fundraising event, and each year keeps getting better! Join us as we open our entire facility to exclusive behind-the-scenes tours, explore the magic of theatre in our costume and scene shops, purchase table seating in our studios, or catch a glimpse backstage before the show!
Funds raised from this wonderful event will go directly to support our theatre’s programming expenses. From costumes and props to tours around the Commonwealth, the dollars raised at this event go a long way in supporting youth art education. Last year, our event raised over $30,000 to support the mission of serving the youth of Kentucky through the arts!
The evening begins at 7:00pm with a reception featuring delicious food from Azur and Puccini’s as well as a bourbon tasting featuring Blanton’s bourbon. Be sure to put on your ruby red slippers and join us as you are serenaded by singing waiters! Guests will come to realize that dreams that you dare to dream really do come true after witnessing our fabulous live and silent auction packages, including a week’s accommodations in the Bahamas, park hopper passes to Disneyworld, a four night stay in Cancun, Mexico, a trip for four to New York City, and much more!
At 8:30 pm, guests will venture into the theatre for the most entertaining show in town as our celebrity cast gets on stage to perform The Wizard of Oz. This year’s celebrity cast includes:
· Amelia Adams – Attorney, DelCotto Law Group
· Jay Alexander – Program/Music Director, WBTF
· Marcey Ansley – Executive Director, Lexington Hearing & Speech Center
· Soreyda Benedit Begley – Fashion Designer
· Lynn Braker – Franchise Owner, Remedy Intelligent Staffing
· Renee Brewer – Owner, Wine & Market, Enoteca
· Seth Brewer – Owner, Wine & Market, Enoteca
· Ramsey Carpenter – Miss Kentucky 2014
· Danielle Clore – Executive Director, Kentucky Nonprofit Network
· Chauncey Curtz – Partner, Dinsmore
· Sam Dick – Anchor, WKYT
· Colman Elridge – Executive Assistant to the Governor
· Luann Franklin – Director of Performing Arts, Lexington Opera House
· Mayor Jim Gray – Mayor of Lexington
· Elias Gross – PR and Marketing Director, Lexington Art League
· Kate Horning – Chef/Author of Healthy Living Redefined
· Lori Houlihan – Director of Arts & Cultural Affairs, Office of the Mayor
· Keith Jackson – Fire Chief, City of Lexington
· Ann Phillips Mayfield – Realtor, Commonwealth Realty Group
· Will Pierrat – Owner, Bourbon and Toulouse
· Chris McCarron – Retired Hall of Fame Jockey
· Nan Plummer – President and CEO, LexArts
· Todd Svoboda – Industry Consultant – Manufacturing and Distribution, Lexmark, former UK basketball player
· James Vermillion – International Logistics Manager, Age International, Inc.
· Gary Wortz – Chief Medical Officer, Omega Opthalmics
To purchase tickets or to learn more, call LCT at 859.254.4546 or visit online at www.lctonstage.org.
Celebrity Curtain Call is generously sponsored by MorganStanley, Blanton’s, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky BB&T, QX.net, Azur, and Puccini’s.”