"The City of Frankfort and Destination Frankfort invite you to MEET US AT THE RIVER!!!
The Kentucky River, once a major "highway" and the lifeblood of Frankfort, is once again being opened up to the waters to the north, the Ohio River. Please join us on Friday, June 26, 2015, as we once again open Locks 1 - 4 on the Kentucky River, linking Frankfort to it's river neighbors further north.
A 2-day celebration is scheduled to begin with the ribbon cutting on Friday, June 26th at 3:00 pm, and end with a host of activities, including boat rides on Saturday evening.
Friday, June 26, 2015
- 3:00 pm - Ribbon Cutting at Lock #4 at 1021 Kentucky Avenue (VIPs and Invited Guests)
- 7:00 pm - Downtown Frankfort Inc Summer Concert Series, 300 Broadway on the Old State Capitol lawn
Saturday, June 27, 2015 (Admission $2) Proceeds to benefit Riverside Children's Play Park)
- 8:00 am (late registration and package pick up at 7 am) - River Blast River Run 3K
- 9:00 am (registration begins at 8:00 am) - Paddling Races on the Kentucky River
- 10:00 am - 7:00 pm - ART Market & Children's Activities
- 11:00 am - 10:00 pm - Food Venders & Beer Garden
- 12:00 - 10:00 pm - Live Music on Stage
- 12:00 noon - Flotilla presented by the Frankfort Boat Club
1:30 - 6:00 pm - Games for All Ages
1:30 - 7:00 pm - Boat Tours on the Nancy Wilkinson (provided by the Capital City Museum) and the KY Thorobred (Kentucky Kentucky State University Science Lab)
- Laser Light Show at DUSK
Need more information or want to be a part of this event? Contact Frankfort/Franklin County Tourism at 800.960.7200. Find us online at www.visitfrankfort.com."