When is free trash disposal day in Lexington?
On Saturday, October 15, the city of Lexington is offering Fayette County residents with a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste.
The event will take place from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike. Residents may dispose of one pickup truck load of bagged household waste and up to four (4) off-the-rim tires.
“Lexington’s Division of Waste Management is committed to providing opportunities to easily and conveniently dispose of waste throughout the year,” said Tracey Thurman, Division Director. “These quarterly disposal days are a chance for Fayette County residents to dispose of excess waste at no charge.”
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
- Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
- All loads must be level with the bed of the truck
- All loads must be covered by a tarp
- Only household waste will be accepted
- No more than four tires will be accepted and tires must be off the rim
- No tire rims will be accepted
- No commercial vehicles allowed
- No hazardous materials or free-flowing liquids
Please note that appliances, electronics and hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil and paint will not be accepted during the waste drop off event.
- Appliances may be taken to Environmental Recycling Inc. at 3899 Winchester Road where they are accepted at no cost.
- Electronic devices, such as computers, printers, cell phones, microwave ovens and televisions, can be dropped off at no cost to the City’s Electronics Recycling Facility at 1306 Versailles Road.
- Residents can donate liquid latex paint to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 451 Southland Drive.
The City of Lexington offers free disposal days four times a year: January, April, July and October, usually on the third Saturday.
Subscribe to the Ace e-dition for Lexington news, arts, culture, and entertainment, delivered to your inbox every Thursday morning.